By placing an order, you are forming a legally binding contract with Blurred Circle for products and services, and you agree to be bound by the following thirteen (13) terms and conditions.
1. CUSTOMERS If you are placing this order in the name of a company, you must be legally authorized to place this order for the company.
2. PRICING & QUOTATIONS Prices published at Blurred Circle are subject to change without notice. Every effort will be made to notify customers of price increases in advance. Quotations will be honoured for up to 14 days after the quotation date. Published prices of Blurred Circle are based on customers supplying digital files prepared according to Blurred Circle guidelines. Failure to setup files according to these guidelines may result in additional charges. Changes made by Blurred Circle to customer supplied files may be subject to extra charges.
3. TERMS OF SALE Design: Blurred Circle require full payment of any design work prior to work starting.
Website: Blurred Circle require full payment of any admin fees (hosting, domain name registration, email setup etc) at the point of order. Also 50% deposit of any design fees. Your website will not go live until full payment has cleared. During the design stage, a holding page will be placed on the first page with all menus hidden. This allows Blurred Circle to show you your site via a temporary link.
Printing: All customers are required to pay in full at the point of ordering the printed material, and printing will only commence once proofs have been signed in person or via email confirmation. No printing is completed without written confirmation from the person placing the order, unless they have appointed a third person (this person(s) needs to be confirmed in writing by the person placing the order, the person placing the order will always be CC'ed into any email commuication unless requested not to).
Payment method: Blurred Circle accepts cash, personal and company cheques, and BACS payment. At the moment Blurred Circle can not except credit or debit cards.
In the event that a personal or company cheque is returned for non-sufficient funds, the customer will be required to pay a £50.00 ‘non-sufficient funds' fee to Blurred Circle. In the event of non-payments that lead to dispute and/or litigation, the customer agrees to pay all legal and collection fees incurred by Blurred Circle.
Express turnaround: Turnaround depends on the material and nature of the print. We cannot be held responsible of any delay in orders once the shipment has left the processing factory.
Express charges: If you require any design work, we will charge the following on top of our standard turnaround price. For 72 hrs 30% extra; for 48 hrs 50% extra; for 24 hrs 100% extra; same day will be quoted on an individual basis.
Request to schedule work into our calendar: If you the client request for Blurred Circle to dedicate a set amount of hours and to schedule your project into our calendar of work (therefore solely working on your project during this time), a daily charge of £90.00 will apply (payable in-advance). The daily charge will be deducted from your final invoice.
Cancellation of order: Due to the very quick nature of our business, we process orders as soon as they are approved.As a result, no cancellations or refunds are available on orders where a proof/artwork has been approved.
In the case of a cancellation on an order where no files have been prepared for printing, a £10.00 processing fee will be charged per printed consignment. In the case of a cancellation on an order where we have already pre-flighted files and have provided an online proof, a £35.00 processing fee will be charged. An additional £35.00 processing fee will be charged for mailing service orders where we have already processed the mailing list. For design only jobs; a £35.00 cancellation processing fee will apply per job.
Any same day express orders over the value of £700, a cancellation fee will be charged at £150.00.
Any cancellation fees will be automatically deducted from any deposits paid.
4. VAT Blurred Circle are not VAT registered.
5. PROOFING, COLOUR MATCHING & PRINT QUALITY Customers are responsible for ensuring that Blurred Circle are aware when close colour matching between jobs is expected. Blurred Circle will reproduce colour from digital files as closely as possible, but may not exactly match colour and density due to limitations in the proofing and printing process, as well as neighbouring image ink requirements. A reasonable variation in colour between original materials, proofs and the completed order, will be considered acceptable print quality. Customers must provide high resolution images suited to the offset or digital printing process.
Blurred Circle is not liable for images printing poorly due to the customer providing low resolution images. Customers must provide all full colour printing images in CMYK format. Blurred Circle is not responsible for any colour shift that occurs in conversions from RGB to CMYK colour modes. Full colour jobs that contain large solid areas of black ink should have the black set up as Rich Black (see File Specification section of website). Blurred Circle will not be responsible for printing a consistent, solid and rich black if the customer has not set up their files accordingly.
Authors Alternations (AA) - unless otherwise stated, copy/image(s) supplied to Blurred Circle will be deemed as ‘approved copy/image(s). Any changes by the Client to their own ‘approved copy/image(s)’ at both artwork and print stages will be classed as AA and will be charged extra subject to consultation. When artwork/print proofs are supplied to the Client, any additions or deletions – other than those which are directly the result of Blurred Circle or its appointed contractors, will also be deemed to be AA and charged accordingly. Blurred Circle shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs submitted.
6. COMPLAINTS All complaints must be made within 5 working days of receipt of the job. Orders with manufacturing errors and/or defects will be rerun on the next print run at no charge to the customer, at the discretion of Blurred Circle. Blurred Circle's sole liability shall be limited to reprinting of the order. Unsatisfactory orders as a result of customer errors may be reprinted at a reduced rate, at Blurred Circle discretion.
7. ERRORS AND OMISSIONS Blurred Circle is not responsible for errors and omissions approved by the customer. The customer is solely responsible for errors missed during the proofing process of either artwork supplied by the customer or artwork created by Blurred Circle.
8. INDEMNIFICATION The customer will indemnify and hold harmless Blurred Circle from any loss, expense, and damages arising out of violation of copyright or trademark laws from the illegal use of images, photographs, slogans, trademarks, or graphical work supplied by the customer.
9. DELIVERY & SHIPPING All posted turnaround times are approximate and although Blurred Circle will make every effort to meet these delivery times, Blurred Circle will not be liable for any costs or damages resulting from deliveries made later than expected to the customer. Delays or damage during shipping are the sole responsibility of the carrier providing shipping services. Blurred Circle is not responsible for delays or damage caused during shipping.
10. CREDIT Blurred Circle do not offer any credit.
11. OWNERSHIP OF DIGITAL FILES Blurred Circle will retain ownership of all digital files created on behalf of the customers by Blurred Circle staff.
12. COURIER DELIVERIES All printed material is delivered via courier, (normally DPD) in plain packaging. We always try to use double walled boxes to protect your printing. However, depending on the printed material this may not always be possible.
Our couriers will expect consignments to be signed for and can not be left without a signature. Blurred Circle is not responsible for arranging re-delivery of consignments.
Any damage to the consignment must be reported at the point of deliver to Blurred Circle, please take photos of the consignment, and keep 15% of the damaged stock to one side for review. Do not use any of the printed material until you have spoken to Blurred Circle as we may arrange collection of the whole consignment. Reprints will be arranged at the discretion of Blurred Circle.
Blurred Circle can not be held responsible of any loss of business to the customer due to delayed or damaged consignments.
13. CONTRACTOR'S OBLIGATIONS Sub contractors will promptly update Blurred Circle about any changes in the arrangements agreed at the time of ordering. This particularly includes agreed delivery dates. In the event that sub contractors over produce product(s), Blurred Circle will not be required to pay the extra costs incurred by the sub contractor.